Nov 11, 2018
(HUNTINGDON, Pa.) - The No. 7-ranked Thomas More University women's volleyball team came up short to No.6-ranked Juniata College, taking the Eagles to four sets. Juniata won 3-1, by scores of 16-25, 25-20, 23-25, 23-25.
- The Saints finished the season 33-4 overall, facing nine nationally ranked teams, going 6-2 against them.
- First-Year Emily Mohs (Cincinnati, Ohio / Seton) was named to the All-Tournament team, recording the game-high with 19 kills, along with one dig.
- Junior Jenna Mummert (Batavia, Ohio / Clermont Northeastern) had the second most kills, only one shy of Mohs, with 18.
- Mummert also recorded three digs and two blocks.
- Senior Jenna Fessler (Fort Mitchell, Ky. / Beechwood), who played in her final collegiate game, was also named to the All-Tournament team, having the game-high with 49 assists, along with one kill and three digs.
- Junior Madison Krumpelman (Crestview Hills, Ky. / Holy Cross) had the team high with 20 digs, along with six kills, one service ace, and one block.
- Sophomore Jessica Ginn (Cincinnati, Ohio / Seton) was a close second to Krumpelman, recording 17 digs, along with one service ace.
- Sophomore Carlee Lambert (Cincinnati, Ohio / McAuley) recorded four kills, along with two digs and two blocks.
- Hannah Just (Louisville, Ky. / duPont Manual) put up 11 digs, along with three assists.
- Senior Kasey Niesen (Cincinnati, Ohio / Roger Bacon) stepped up big in her final collegiate match, with seven digs.
- Julia Popova (Sofia, Bulgaria / Beechwood) recorded five kills, one dig, and one block.
- The match was a close, hard-fought match, with Juniata having the one kill advantage, 54-53, Thomas More having the one assist advantage, 52-51, and the advantage in digs, 67-62.
- The Saints hit a .181 to Juniata's .203.
- With the conclusion of the season, the Saints head to the off-season to prepare for next year.