Posted: Nov 10, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The No.7 Thomas More University women's volleyball team is set to take on host No. 6 Juniata in the 'Sweet 16' matchup, tomorrow, Nov. 10, 2018. The match is set to begin at 2 p.m.
- The Saints took revenge on the Captains, who knocked them out in the first round of the tournament last season, with the straight set shut-out in the second round.
- First-year Emily Mohs led the game with 16 kills, along with two digs and one block.
- Senior Jenna Fessler led the game with 27 assists, along with three kills, seven digs, and one block.
- Junior Jenna Mummert was a close second with 10 kills, along with one service ace and three blocks.
- Sophomore Jessica Ginn and junior Madison Krumpelman shared the team high with 10 digs each.
- Krumpelman also recorded five kills and one block, while Ginn put up four assists.
- Junior Hannah Just was close to a three-way tie for the team high in digs, adding nine, along with one assist and one service ace.
- Sophomore Carlee Lambert recorded three kills and three blocks.
- Three Saints shared the team high with three blocks each, Lambert, Mummert, and Julia Popova.
- Juniata comes into the match 26-3 overall and currently on a 24-game win streak.
- The Eagles recently took down Mary Washington in three sets to reach round three of the NCAA Tournament.
- Victoria Taylor recorded the game high of 12 kills in the Mary Washington game, along with one dig and one block.
- Morgan Edwards recorded the second game-high with 10 kills, along with one block.
- Alyssa Tavera put up 17 assists, along with one service ace, along with six digs
- Katie Byrne had the team high with 16 digs.
- Live stats for the NCAA Tournament round three can be found here.
- Live video broadcast for the NCAA Tournament round three can be found here.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@ThomasMore_WVB), Instagram (@thomasmore_vb), and Facebook (Thomas More Volleyball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)