(GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.) - The No. 7 - ranked Thomas More University women's volleyball team went 2-0 today, defeating Elmhurst 3-0 early on in the day leading into the much-anticipated match against No. 1 - ranked Calvin, taking down the Knights 3-2. With the wins, the Saints are now 22-2 overall.
- Thomas More took down Elmhurst with scores of 25-13, 25-16, 25-12, keeping the Blue Jays under 20 points in all three sets.
- The Saints dominated the match, ending the first match of the day with a team hitting percentage of .425 to Elmhurst's .011.
- Jenna Mummert led the game in kills with 12, along with one assist, one service ace, two digs, and one block.
- Jenna Fessler led the game with 32 assists, along with one kill, six service aces, another game-high, five digs, and two blocks.
- In addition to Emily Mohs' one dig and one block, she put up the second best for kills with 10.
- Madison Krumpelman added eight kills, along with one service ace and 10 digs.
- Carlee Lambert recorded five kills, along with two assists, one dig, and one block.
- Jessica Ginn led the team with 11 digs in addition to her one assist.
- The Saints had the 43-20 kill advantage, 41-20 assist advantage, 45-35 dig advantage, and 9-4 service ace advantage.
No. 1 CALVIN
- The Saints took the momentum from match one of the day to use in match two, winning by scores of 29-31, 28-26, 14-25, 25-20, 15-13.
- Mohs showed a dominant presence throughout the entire match ending the match with the game-high 36 kills, setting a new personal collegiate game-high record.
- In addition to the 36 kills, Mohs added five digs and three blocks.
- Krumpelman posted a double-double having the second highest on the team for kills with 16, along with 15 digs and one block.
- Mummert was the third Saint to be in double-digits for kills in the match, having 13, along with three assist, seven digs, and two blocks.
- Fessler had the game high with 67 assists, setting a season-high for her this year, along with five kills, two service aces, one block, and 20 digs, another season high for her.
- Ginn was all over the court recording 35 digs, along with three assists.
- Sarah Crooker added 17 digs and one service ace.
- Julia Popova put up eight kills and the team high, five blocks.
- The Saints had the advantage 81-57 in kills, 76-54 in assists, 119-97 in digs, and 4-3 in service aces.
- With her 36 kills, Mohs breaks her previous game high of 29.
- This is only the fifth time this season Calvin has been taken to five sets in a match.
- The Saints handed Calvin their first loss of the season.
- The Saints return home to host Transylvania on Oct. 19 for a 7 p.m. game.