Posted: Oct 10, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More University No. 7-ranked women's volleyball team swept Centre College tonight, 3-0 with scores of 25-9, 25-16, 25-21, and extended its win streak to 8 heading into this weekend.
- With the win, the Saints move to 19-1 on the season.
- Junior Jenna Mummert (Batavia, Ohio / Clermont Northeastern) was named the Jimmy Johns Player of the Game with her performance tonight as she recorded 15 kills, one service ace, two digs, one block, and ended the night with a .520 hitting percentage.
- First-year Emily Mohs (Cincinnati, Ohio / Seton) put up big numbers tonight, recording 12 kills, two digs, and one block, and ending the night with a .323 hitting percentage.
- Senior setter Jenna Fessler (Fort Mitchell, Ky. / Beechwood) recorded every assist in the match tonight for the Saints, recording all 43, along with one kill, one dig, and one block.
- Junior Madison Krumpelman (Crestview Hills, Ky. / Holy Cross) recorded six kills, and 14 digs on the night for the Saints.
- Sophomore Jessica Ginn (Cincinnati, Ohio / Seton) led the Saints in digs, recording 24, along with two service aces.
- Junior Sara Crooker (Williamsburg, Ohio / McNicholas) chipped in 15 digs and one service ace.
- Junior Hannah Just (Louisville, Ky. / duPont Manual) added 12 digs and one sercice ace.
- The Saints had the advantage in all categories tonight, kills (46-19), assists (43-17), service aces (5-2), and digs (73-57).
- Thomas More his a final percentage of .267 to Centre's -.017 at the end of the match.
- The Saints hit the road and head north to compete in the Midwest Volleyball Invitational this weekend, 10/12-13. Teams consist of No. 19 ONU, No.16 Hope, Susquehanna, Elmhurst, and No.1 Calvin.
- Tournament schedule and times will be posted at a later date.