(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The No. 10-ranked, 13-1 overall Thomas More women's volleyball team travels to Decatur, Ill. to compete in the Millikin Tournament this weekend. The Saints will take on another ranked team this weekend, No. 12-ranked Hope.
- Friday, Sept. 28
4 p.m. – Court 1 Wittenberg vs. Illinois Wesleyan
4 p.m. – Court 2 Thomas More vs. Buena Vista
6 p.m. – Court 1 Millikin vs. Hope
- Saturday, Sept. 29
10 a.m. – Court 1 Millikin vs. Thomas More
10 a.m. – Court 2 Wittenberg vs. Buena Vista
12 p.m. – Court 1 Wittenberg vs. UW-Whitewater
12 p.m. – Court 2 Hope vs. Buena Vista
2 p.m. – Court 1 Millikin vs. UW-Whitewater
2 p.m. – Court 2 Hope vs. Thomas More
- The 10th-ranked Thomas More women's volleyball defeated in-state rival Transylvania, 3-2 by the scores of 19-25, 25-23, 25-20, 16-25 and 15-8.
- First-year outside hitter Emily Mohs hit .491 with a match-high 29 kills.
- Senior setter Jenna Fessler had 44 assists and 11 digs.
- Junior middle hitter Jenna Mummert tallied eight kills and four blocks.
- Junior outside hitter Madison Krumpelman finished the match with 11 kill, 10 dogs and four blocks.
- Sophomore defensive specialist Jessica Ginn finished with 23 digs.
- Sophomore outside hitter Carlee Lambert had eight kills.
- Junior defensive specialist Hannah Just finished the match with 10 digs.
- Junior outside hitter Sara Crooker had four service aces in the match.
- Mohs was named ACAA Player of the Week.
- The Beavers come into the tournament 9-4 overall, and coming off a 3-2 win against Simpson on Tuesday.
- Buena Vista was on a seven-game win streak earlier this season, stopped by a 3-1 loss to Central.
- BV has recorded 619 kills, 576 assists, 72 service aces, 876 digs, and 73 blocks on the season.
- Freshman Sydney McLaren leads the team with 171 kills.
- Mackenzie Gropel leads the team with 487 assists.
- Millikin comes into the tournament .500, going 8-8 so far this season.
- The Big Blue are coming off a 0-3 loss at North Park University.
- Millikin has recorded 725 kills, 688 assists, 123 service aces, 899 digs, and 67.5 total blocks.
- Marissa McElroy leads the team with 172 kills.
- Alyssa Vignos leads the team with 290 digs.
- Hope College comes into the tournament 11-2 overall.
- The Flying Dutch are coming off a 3-2 loss at No. 1-ranked Calvin.
- Hope has recorded 627 kills, 589 assists, 735 digs, 79 blocks, and 98 service aces.
- Katie Rietberg leads the team with 184 kills.
- Adaie Cutler leads the team with 250 assits.
- Gabbi Vachon leads the team with 201 digs.
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's women's volleyball social media on Twitter (@TMC_Volleyball), Instagram (@tmcsaintsvb) and Facebook (Thomas More College Volleyball).
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmcsaints), and facebook (Thomas More College Saints).
- Thomas More returns home for a three-game home stand.
- Oct. 2 the Saints host Cincinnati Christian, Oct. 4 the Saints host Franklin, and Oct. 10 the Saints host Centre.