(ADA, Ohio) – The Thomas More women's volleyball team won 40th Annual Ohio Northern University Invitational today (Saturday, September 1, 2018) as it defeated Bluffton University, 3-0, and No. 12-ranked Carnegie Mellon, 3-1 at the ONU Sports Center in Ada, Ohio.
- Thomas More won the match by the scores of 25-17, 25-13 and 25-19.
- Senior setter Jenna Fessler (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Beechwood) had 14 assists and 10 digs.
- Junior middle hitter Jenna Mummert (Batavia, Ohio/Clermont Northeastern) tallied 10 kills and six blocks.
- Junior outside hitter Madison Krumpleman (Crestview Hills, Ky./Holy Cross) finished the match with six kills and 10 digs.
- Sophomore setter Madison Read (Hebron, Ky./St. Henry) had 12 assists.
- Sophomore defensive specialist Jessica Ginn (Cincinnati, Ohio/Seton) finished with 11 digs.
- First-year middle hitter Julia Popova (Sofia, Bulgaria/Beechwood (Ky.)) registered six kills.
- First-year outside hitter Emily Mohs (Cincinnati, Ohio/Seton) had four blocks.
#12 CARNEGIE MELLON MATCH
- Mummert had 17 kills and four blocks.
- Lambert, Mohs and Krumpleman each had seven kills.
- Fessler finished with 18 assists.
- Read led team with 20 assists.
- Ginn tallied 17 digs.
- Junior outside hitter Sara Crooker (Williamsburg, Ohio/McNicholas) had 12 digs.
OHIO NORTHERN INVITATIONAL
- Saints posted a 4-0 record to win the tournament.
- Mummert named Tournament Most Valuable Player (MVP)
- Fessler and Mohs named the All-Tournament Team.
- The Saints host Cincinnati Christian University in their home opener on Wednesday (September 5) at 7 p.m. in the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.