Posted: Sep 06, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More women's tennis team returns home to host Transylvania on Friday, Sept. 7.
- Thomas More women's tennis hosting Transylvania at Notre Dame Academy in Park Hills, Ky.
- The match is set to start at 4:00pm.
- The Saints participated in a doubles tournament at Franklin College.
- The team came in first place with 11 total points.
- The scores only counted for the top-4 lines of doubles for each match.
- Thomas More won 11 out of the possible 12 points.
- Brooke Warden and Hannah Lowman won all three of their doubles matches, 8-2 vs. Oakland City, 8-3 vs. Franklin, and 8-3 vs. Earlham, all at the No. 1 spot.
- Thomas More won all of their doubles matches at the No. 1, 2, 3, and 4 spots except in the Oakland City match where Nicole Capodagli and Alyssa Dowdell fell 9-8 (7-5).
- Transylvania comes into tomorrow's match 0-1 overall.
- The Pioneers fell to Midway 5-4 on Sept. 4.
- Freshman, Porsche Robinson, was named the HCAC Player of the Week for her performance at the DePauw Tournament.
- The women's tennis team was picked fourth in the HCAC pre-season poll.
- Thomas More comes into tomorrow's match 1-1, defeating Millikin and falling to Illinois Tech.
- Matison Perry has gone undefeated in singles and doubles so far this season, 1-0 in doubles and 4-0 in singles.
- Lacey Pohlman has gone undefeated in singles so far, with a 4-0 record.
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmcsaints), and facebook (Thomas More College Saints).
- Thomas More travels to Washington & Jefferson and Bethany, two old PAC rivals, on Sept. 8/9. They return home on Sept. 10, hosting Wittenberg.