(DECATUR, Ill.) - The women's tennis team finished the first day of the 2018-19 athletic season 1-1. After defeating Millikin University earlier in the day, the Saints fell 3-6 to Illinois Tech.
Because of weather and time restraints, the coaches agreed to play the match under approved modified ITA scoring with a 6 game ad scoring set for doubles and two out of three sets with no advantage scoring for singles.
- Kayla Snyder (Independence, Ky. / Simon Kenton) won the first collegiate doubles match of her career.
- Sophomore Matison Perry (Union, Ky. / Ryle) was the first of two singles victories for the Saints. Perry won 6-4, 6-3.
- Sophomore Jana Riffe (Ft. Thomas, Ky. / Highlands) was the second of the two singles victories for the Saints, winning 6-2, 6-2.
- Senior Nicole Capodagli (Cincinnati, Ohio / McAuley) fell at the No. 1 spot, 0-6, 2-6.
- First-year Alyssa Dowdell (Vine Grove, Ky. / North Hardin) fell at the No. 2 spot, 2-6, 1-6.
- Junior Lacey Pohlman (Ft. Thomas, Ky. / Highlands) could not pull out a win at the No. 3 spot, falling 3-6, 0-6.
- First-year Snyder fell in the No. 6 spot in her first collegiate singles match, 1-6, 1-6.
- First-year Snyder and senior Sarah Fellinger (North Bend, Ohio / Taylor) was the only duo to come out with a victory for the Saints in doubles competition. The pair won 6-5 (7-4).
- Junior Brooke Warden (Edgewood, Ky. / Dixie Heights) and Capodagli fell at the No. 1 spot 1-6.
- Sophomore Hannah Lowman (Vine Grove, Ky. / North Hardin) and first-year Dowdell fell at the No. 2 spot, 0-6.
- Thomas More women's tennis will take on Franklin next in a doubles tournament on Sept. 2 starting at 12:00 pm.