(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The Thomas More University senior forward Olivia Nienaber (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) scored four goals tonight (Saturday, October 19, 2019) to lead the Saints to a 5-1 win over Shawnee State University in a Mid-South Conference match at BB&T Field in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
HOW THEY SCORED:
- Sophomore Jordan Harley (Cincinnati, Ohio/Mother of Mercy) gave the Saints a 1-0 lead in the 10th minute when she scored off a corner kick by first-year defender Ryann Meddings (Fairfield, Ohio/Fairfield).
- Nienaber then scored off a Meddings' corner kick in the 22nd minute to increase the lead to 2-0.
- Thomas More extended the lead to 3-0 in the 50th minute off a Nienaber goal.
- Nienaber completed her hat trick in the 66th minute to give Thomas More a 4-0 lead.
- The Bears cut the lead to 4-1 on an Eilidh Mchattie goal in the 66th minute.
- Nienaber closed out the scoring in the 81st minute off an assist by senior forward Shaye Isaacs (Nicholasville, Ky./West Jessamine) for the 5-1 final score.
- Thomas More improves to 10-6 overall and 3-3 in the Mid-South.
- The Bears fall t o4-10 overall and 0-5 in the Mid-South.
- First-year goalkeeper Skylin Yates (Dry Ridge, Ky./Simon Kenton) earned the win as she played 57:20 in goal and had two saves.
- Senior goalkeeper Aleyna Heyman (Beavercreek, Ohio/Beavercreek) played the final 32:40 and had two saves.
- Thomas More out-shot Shawnee State 29-6, including 16-5 on-goal.
- The Saints won the battle of corner kicks, 5-3.
- Nienaber had seven shots in the match, including six on goal.
- Issac finished with five shots, including three on-goal.
- The Saints return to action on Wednesday (October 23) when they travel to Campbellsville, Kentucky to play 24th-ranked Campbellsville University.