Posted: Oct 09, 2019
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The Thomas More University women's soccer team won its first Mid-South Conference match tonight (Wednesday, October 9, 2019) as it defeated Life University, 2-0, at BB&T Field in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
- Thomas More took a 1-0 lead in the 17th minute when first-year forward Sydney Rhodes (Cincinnati, Ohio/Kings) found the back of the net.
- First-year forward Haley Daugherty (Dry Ridge, Ky./Simon Kenton) scored an insurance goal for the Saints in the 83rd minute off an assist from senior forward Shaye Isaacs (Nicholasville, Ky./West Jessamine) for the final score of 2-0.
- Thomas More improves to 8-5 overall and 1-2 in the Mid-South.
- Life falls to 0-9 overall and 0-2 in the Mid-South.
- First-year goalkeeper Skylin Yates (Dry Ridge, Ky./Simon Kenton) earned the shutout win as she played all 90 minutes and had two saves.
- Daugherty led the Saints in shots with four.
- Issacs and sophomore midfielder Jordan Harley (Cincinnati, Ohio/Mother of Mercy) each had three shots.
- Thomas More out-shot Life 21-2, including 10-2 on-goal.
- The Saints won the battle of corner kicks, 11-0.
- The Saints return to the pitch on Saturday (October 12) when they travel to Williamsburg, Kentucky to play the University of the Cumberlands at 5 p.m.