(HANCOCK, Mich.) – The top-seeded Thomas More University women's soccer team played third-seeded Alfred State University to 0-0 draw, but won the American Collegiate Athletic Association (ACAA) Championship in penalty kicks today (Saturday, November 4, 2018) in the cold, wind and snow in Hancock, Michigan.
- Thomas More won the championship by a 5-4 advantage during the penalty kick shootout.
- This was Thomas More's eighth-straight conference championship as it won the Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) championship the previous seven years.
- The Saints out-shot Alfred State 33-7, including 15-4 on goal.
- Sophomore defender Brianna Lunsford (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) was named the ACAA Tournament Most Valuable Player.
- Junior midfielder Olivia Nienaber (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart), junior forward Shaye Isaacs (Nicholasville, Ky./West Jessamine) and junior midfielder Megan Sheridan (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) joined Lunsford on the all-tournament team.
- Junior goalkeeper Maddy Kim (California, Ky./Notre Dame Academy) played all 110 minutes in goal and had four saves.
- Lunsford was named the tournament Most Valuable Player.
- Isaacs, Nienaber, and Sheridan were named to the All-Tournament team.
- Thomas More ends the season 6-12-2 and transition to NAIA and the Mid-South Conference next season.