Oct 26, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More University women's soccer team travels to Wooster on Saturday to take on the Fighting Scots in the final match of the regular season.
- The 5-11-1 Thomas More women's soccer team takes on the 10-3-3 Fighting Scots, Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
- The Saints came out on top against Olivet College, 2-1, in their last home game of the season.
- Olivia Nienaber put the Saints on the board first, scoring in the rirst 10-minutes of the game.
- Kaylee Terrell found the back of the net on a wide open shot from an assist from Shaye Isaacs to give the Saints the go-ahead win.
- Megan Sheridan recorded two shots.
- Jordan Harley took two attempts at the back of the net, each going wide.
- Lindsey Brown also took two shots in the match.
- Maddy Kim was in goal for all 90:00 minutes, giving up one goal off one shot.
- The Saints had the advantage in shots, 13-1.
- The Fighting Scots come into the game 10-3-3 overall, coming off a 3-0 win over Allegheny.
- Wooster has recorded 271 shots so far this season, 131 of which have been on goal, for 29 successful goals scored.
- Erica White leads the team with 64 shots, 35 of which have been on goal, for 14 goals.
- Devin Frisby leads the team with four assists.
- Goalkeeper Molly Hutter leads the team with 33 saves on the season.
- Follow along with the women's soccer team on twitter (@TMU_WSOCCER).
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints), and facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints begin their post-season play competing in the ACAA Conference Tournament Nov. 3/4.
- The tournament takes place in Hancock, Mich.
- The Saints will face Finlandia on Nov. 3 at 10 a.m. for the ACAA Championship Semifinals and will compete in the ACAA Championship Finals, if the team advances, on Nov. 4 at 11 a.m.