Posted: Sep 13, 2018
(CRESTVEIW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More women's soccer team took the Franklin Grizzlies to double overtime today, ultimately coming up short, 2-1.
- Franklin's Taylor McDaniel scored in the 26th minute from an assist right through the Thomas More defense from Maddie Fleet.
- Olivia Nienaber scored off a throw in from Kaylee Terrell in the 56th minute to tie the game up 1-1.
- In double overtime, Maddie Fleet scored unassisted for the go-ahead goal.
- Thomas More falls to 0-5 on the season.
- The Saints had multiple looks at the goal tonight, but they just could not connect.
- Thomas more led the game in corner kicks (8-3).
- Franklin had the advantage in shots (15-13).
- Both teams ended the game equal in saves, each recording seven.
- Maddy Kim played all 107-minutes in the goal, recording six saves off of eight shots.
- Jordan Harley and Olivia Nienaber led the team in shots, each having three in the game.
- Nienaber also had three shots on goal, one of which resulted in a successful goal.
- Terrell had the only assist for the Saints.
- Sophie Denier and Kristina Felix each had two shots of their own in the match tonight.
- Felix and Harley each had two shots on goal to go along with their shots in the match.
- The Saints hit the road as they take on Sewanee on Sept. 15 and Emory on Sept. 16.
- Their road stand continues as they take on Centre on Sept. 19, and Ohio Northern on Sept. 22.