(CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind.) – The Thomas More University wrestling team is in 14th place after the first day of the 2019 NCAA Division III Regional hosted today (Friday, February 22, 2019) by Wabash University at Knowling Fieldhouse in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
- Junior Avery Jones (Amelia, Ohio/Glen Este) went 2-0 and advanced to the semifinal round at 184 as he had a pin in 1:31 and a 7-3 decision win.
- Sophomore Jimmy Traub (Cincinnati, Ohio/Sycamore) advanced to tomorrow as he was 2-1 at 165 with a pin in 3:50 and a 10-8 decision win.
- The Top-3 finishers in each weight class advances to the National Championship in two weeks in Roanoke, Virginia.
- Sophomore Cody Roland (Taylor Mill, Ky./Scott) was 2-2 at 149 with a pin in 2:17 and 1:18.
- Junior James Caniglia (Loveland, Ohio/Loveland) went 1-2 at 197 with an 11-1 major decision win.
- Jones and Traub will begin wrestling in the second day of action tomorrow starting at 10 a.m. inside Knowling Fieldhouse.