Posted: Jan 25, 2019
(WHEATON, Ill.) – The Thomas More University wrestling team is in 26th place after the first day of the Pete Willson Invitational hosted by Wheaton College today (Friday, January 25, 2019) inside King Arena in Wheaton, Illinois.
- Junior Avery Jones (Amelia, Ohio/Glen Este) went 3-1 at 184 and advanced to tomorrow as he had pins in 4:59 and 2:26 and had an 11-5 decision win.
- Junior James Caniglia (Loveland, Ohio/Loveland) also advanced to tomorrow with a 2-1 record at 184 with a pin in 5:44 and a 7-4 decision win.
- Sophomore Jimmy Traub (Cincinnati, Ohio/Sycamore) posted a 2-2 mark at 165 with a 9-2 decision win and a 19-2 technical fall win.
- First-year Kelby Gay (Danville, Ky./Danville) went 1-2 at 125 with a pin in 5:32.
- Sophomore Jimmy Murphy (Milford, Ohio/Milford) was 1-2 at 133 with a 10-6 decision.
- Thomas More will close-out the Pete Willson Invitational tomorrow when action gets underway at 11 a.m. Eastern.10 a.m. Central.