Posted: Mar 15, 2019
(SCRANTON, Va.) - The No.1- ranked women's basketball team takes on No. 9-ranked Scranton in the Semi-Finals of the NCAA National Championship Tournament. The Saints take the court against the Lady Royals at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
- The Saints head into the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament 31-0 on the season, the only undefeated team in Division III women's basketball.
- Madison Temple was recently named the WBCA Player of the Year, the Jostens Trophy award winner, Google Cloud Academic All-American, and the Great Lakes Player of the Year and First Team All-Region.
- The Saints are averaging 85.3 points per game with .532 field-goal percentage, 40.2 rebounds per game, and 17.9 assists per game.
- Thomas More defeated Saint Vincent, 79-54, No. 5 Trine, 67-59, No. 18 Transylvania, 89-74, and No. 22 Washington University (Mo.), 87-72, to make it to the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament.
- Temple leads the team with 23.8 points per game, 5.7 assists per game, and 7.7 rebounds per game. Shelby Rupp is also one of the top rebounders on the team, averaging 7.3 per game.
- Emily Schultz leads the team with a .668 shooting percentage.
- The Lady Royals come into the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament 29-2 on the season.
- Scranton defeated New England College, 69-49, Johns Hopkins, 59-46, Christopher Newport, 57-56, and No. 4 Tufts, 44-40, to reach the semi-final rounds.
- Bridgette Mann was recently named a WBCA Honorable Mention All-American, while Mackenzie Mason was named D3Hoops.com Mid-Atlantic Region Player of the Year.
- The Lady Royals average 66.0 points per game, shooting .456 from the field, 38.5 rebounds per game, and 16.0 assists per game.
- Mason leads the way with 13.9 points per game, a .522 field-goal percentage, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 3.2 assists per game.
- Live stats for tonight's game can be found here.
- Live video broadcast for tonight's game can be found here.
- Live audio for the game can be found here.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@TMWBasketball), Instagram (@tmwbasketball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- The winner of today's game will advance to play the winner of game one in the National Championship on Saturday.