Posted: Feb 15, 2019
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More women's basketball team hosts its final home game of the regular season this Sunday at 2 p.m. against Wilberforce University. The Saints will honor its four seniors prior to the game.
- The Saints recently defeated old PAC foe, Saint Vincent, 82-46.
- Madison Temple led all scorers with 20 points and had four rebounds and two assists.
- With her two assists, Temple has tied Devin Beasley (2010-2014) for the career assist record at Thomas More with 531 career assists.
- Kaela Saner finished the game with 15 points, six rebounds and three steals.
- Asyah Mitchell had 14 points.
- Emily Schultz had 13 points and three rebounds.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp finished with seven rebounds and three blocks.
- Thomas More honors its four seniors today who has recorded 118 games played for a career record of 115-3 overall, 54-1 at home, and averaged 86.7 points per game.
- This group of seniors has been named conference champions three times, made three NCAA Tournament appearances, two Final-Four appearances, and won the National Championship in the 2015-16 season.
- Wilberforce come into today's game 12-11 overall on the season
- The Bulldogs come into today's game coming off 72-56 loss against Michigan-Dearborn on Feb. 13.
- Wilberforce has played Pikeville and Shawnee State this season, falling 67-50 to Pikeville and 74-50 to Shawnee State.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@TMWBasketball), Instagram (@tmwbasketball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- The Saints head to New York to compete in the ACAA Tournament next weekend, Feb. 23/24.