Posted: Jan 02, 2019
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The No.2-ranked Thomas More women's basketball team starts off 2019 hosting the University of Pikeville tonight at 6 p.m. The Saints come into the game undefeated at 18-0, while the Bears come in 11-4 overall.
- The Saints are coming off an 81-51 win over Centre on Dec. 30.
- Madison Temple led all scorers with 28 points, while dishing out four assists and pulling down five rebounds.
- Shelby Rupp had 16 points, a team-high eight rebounds and had one steal.
- Briana McNutt finished the game with 11 points.
- Emily Schultz pulled down seven rebounds and had six points.
- Temple was honored prior to tip-off for setting the Thomas More women's basketball career scoring record on December 28.
- The Bears come into the game today 11-4 overall on the season and coming off a 74-68 win over Milligan.
- Pikeville is averaging 71.2 points per game with a .434 shooting percentage.
- The Bears are led by Mary Englert who is averaging 13.6 points per game and 2.5 assists per game.
- Emily Baker holds the team high with 5.8 rebounds per game.
- The Bears defeated No.15-ranked Talladega, 65-64, in early December.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@TMWBasketball), Instagram (@tmwbasketball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- Thomas More remains at home this week, hosting Lindsey Wilson on Jan. 3 for a 7 p.m. tip-off.