Posted: Dec 04, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The No. 4-ranked, 8-0, Thomas More University women's basketball team continues its road stand as they travel to Marietta, Ohio to take on the Marietta Pioneers this Wednesday for a 7 p.m. tip-off.
- Thomas More come into the game coming off an 84-71 win over No.5-ranked Chicago on Monday night.
- Thomas More dominated in the paint as it out-scored Chicago 38-22 in the paint.
- The Saints had a 12-4 advantage in points off fast breaks.
- Four Saints finished in double-digit scoring.
- Madison Temple led all scorers with 26 points, while she pulled down six boards, dished out five assists and had four steals, keeping her 20+point streak alive as she has scored over 20-points in every game so far this season.
- Shelby Rupp had 15 points and seven rebounds.
- Asyah Mitchell finished the game with 13 points and three steals.
- Emily Schultz had 12 points, eight rebounds, four blocks, and two steals.
- The Pioneers come into the game 5-1 on the season, coming off an 81-65 win over John Carroll.
- Marietta is averaging 70.2 points per game, with a .426 field-goal percentage, 43.8 rebounds per game, 14.8 assists per game, and 9.5 steals per game.
- Corrie Burkhardt leads the Pioneers averaging 13.0 points per game, 6.7 rebounds, and 2.8 steals per game.
- Shay Lett holds the team high with 4.3 assists per game.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@TMWBasketball), Instagram (@tmwbasketball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- The Saints continue their road-stand heading Walla Walla, Washington to take on Whitworth on Dec. 7 for a 7 p.m. tip-off and Whitman on Dec. 8 for a 4 p.m. tip-off.