Posted: Nov 09, 2018
(WHEATON, Ill.) – The fifth-ranked Thomas More University women's basketball team opened the 2018-19 campaign tonight (Friday, November 9, 2018) with a 71-49 win over Wheaton College in King Arena in Wheaton, Illinois.
- Thomas More opened the game on a 12-2 run capped by a jumper by senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) and never looked back.
- The Saints led 16-8 after one quarter, 35-21 at halftime and 62-36 after three quarters.
- Thomas More shot 50 percent from the field (26-of-52) and was 50 percent from behind the three-point arc (seven-of-14).
- The Saints out-scored the Thunder, 36-17 off turnovers.
- Temple led all scorers with 24 points, while pulling down four rebounds, recording five assists and seven steals.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) had 15 points, eight rebounds and two assists.
- Sophomore guard Briana McNutt (Maysville, Ky./Mason County) finished with 11 points and three rebounds..
- First-year guard Asyah Mitchell (Kenton County, Ky./Cooper) missed double figures with nine points, four rebounds and two assists.
- The Saints open the home portion of their scheduled on Wednesday (November 14) when they host NAIA opponent Midway University at 7 p.m. inside the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.