(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The 25th-ranked Thomas More softball team honored its six seniors today in a two-game sweep against Anderson. In game one, the Saints won 5-1, and defeated the Ravens 5-0 in game two. Senior pitcher Alix DeDreu set two more pitching records in the first game, becoming the all-time leader in strikeouts, with 471, and the program's leader in all-time wins with 61.
- Andrea Gahan grounded out to the pitcher, moving DeDreu to second and scoring Whitney Quillen to take a 1-0 lead in the first.
- Kenzi Dickerson doubled to right center field, scoring both Mary Beth Odom and DeDreu to take a 3-0 lead at the end of the first inning.
- In the bottom of the second, after the Ravens put one on the board in the top of the inning, Gahan hit a sacrifice fly ball to left field, scoring Quillen.
- Sydney Turner doubled down the left field line, scoring Baylee Hobeika in the fifth inning for the fifth run of the game.
- In the third inning, DeDreu struck out her 471st batter in her career, putting her at the top of the all-time strikeouts list as a pitcher in program history.
- With the win in game one, DeDreu picked up her 61st win of her career, putting her at the top of the all-time wins list in program history.
- Gahan and Dickerson led the team with two RBI's each.
- Quillen went 3-4 at the plate, recording two runs.
- Dickerson went 2-3 at the plate, while Gahan, Morgan Wells, Turner, and Amanda Lloyd all recorded one hit.
- In the circle, DeDreu faced 30 batters, recording 10 strikeouts, allowing only seven hits and one run.
- The Saints had the 9-7 advantage in hits over the Ravens, while only recording one error to Anderson's two.
- Lloyd singled to right center field, moving Hobeika to second and scoring Elana Harrison to take a 1-0 lead in the second inning.
- Odom hit a solo home run over the left center field fence to take a 2-0 lead after three innings.
- DeDreu singled up the middle, moving Quillen to third and scoring Lloyd in the sixth inning.
- Turner doubled to left field, scoring both Quillen and DeDreu to take a 5-0 lead in the sixth inning.
- At the plate, Quillen, Hobeika, and Lloyd each went 2-3, with Quillen and Lloyd each scoring a run.
- Turner led the team in game two with two RBI's.
- DeDreu, Odom, and Lloyd all recorded one RBI in the game, as Odom's came off her solo home run.
- The Saints had the 11-4 advantage in hits in game two.
- Kianah Towe started the game in the circle, facing 23 batters, allowing zero runs and only three hits.
- Hannah Sprague replaced Towe to finish the game, facing four batters, allowing only one hit and zero runs.
- The Saints take on Adrian in a doubleheader on April 25, in a make up series from bad weather last weekend.