Apr 16, 2019
(GREENCASTLE, Ind.) - The Thomas More softball took on DePauw University in a double header today. The Saints took game one, 7-2, but fell 10-2 in six innings in game two, moving to 25-9 overall on the season.
- Mary Beth Odom singled to left field, moving Andrea Gahan to second and scoring Alix DeDreu to take a 1-0 lead in the first inning.
- DeDreu doubled to center field, scoring Whitney Quillen and Baylee Hobeika to take a 3-1 lead in the second inning.
- Also in the second inning, Gahan hit a two run home run over the center field fence, scoring DeDreu to take a 5-1 lead.
- In the fourth inning, Kenzi Dickerson hit a sac fly to right field, moving Gahan to third and scoring DeDreu.
- Odom stole second and Gahan stole home to score the final run of the game for the Saints.
- DeDreu started on the mound in game one for the Saints, earning the win and tying the all-time winningest pitcher in program history with her 60th career win.
- On the mound, DeDreu faced 32 batters, allowing only two runs and struck out six batters.
- Gahan and DeDreu led the team with two RBI's each.
- Odom went a perfect 3-3 at the plate, with one RBI in the game.
- The Saints had the slim advantage in hits, 10-9.
- Odom hit a two-run single up the middle, scoring Gahan and Dedreu in the third inning.
- Kianah Towe started on the mound in game two, allowing five runs and six hits.
- Hannah Sprague replaced Towe, allowing five runs and struck out three batters.
- At the plate, Gahan went 3-3, scoring one run.
- Odom went 2-3 at the plate.
- DeDreu went 1-3 at the plate, scoring one run.
- DePauw had the 12-8 hit advantage.
- The Saints take on Adrian in a doubleheader on April 19.