(WINTER HAVEN, Fla.) - The Thomas More women's softball team went 1-1 on day three of competition for the Saints in the Spring Games. In game one of the day, the Saints defeated the Meredith Avenging Angels 8-2. Against the Warriors in game two, the Saints fell 2-1, moving to 4-4 on the season.
- The Saints got on the board first, scoring four in the third inning.
- Andrea Gahan singled up the middle, advancing Alix DeDreu to second and scoring Baylee Hobeika.
- Amanda Lloyd hit a line drive up the middle, advancing Gahan to second and scoring DeDreu.
- Morgan Wells doubled to right field, scoring Lloyd and Gahan.
- In the fourth inning, DeDreu singled down the left field line, scoring Whitney Quillen.
- Kenzi Dickerson singled to left field in the fifth inning, advancing Mary Beth Odom to third and scoring Lloyd.
- Sydney Turner hit to the shortstop, advancing Dickerson to third and scoring Odom.
- Madison Johnson singled up the middle, scoring Dickerson for the eighth run of the game.
- Olivia Jackson started on the mound for the Saints, facing 14 batters and allowing two runs.
- Kianah Towe replaced Jackson, facing 14 batters with one strikeout and no runs allowed.
- Hannah Sprague closed out the game, facing three batters in the seventh inning.
- Quillen and Sydney Walsh each recorded a sacrifice hit in the game.
- DeDreu, Gahan, Lloyd, Dickerson, Turner, and Johnson all recorded an RBI while Wells brought home two.
- Quillen, DeDreu, and Lloyd each recorded two hits in the game, while Gahan, Wells, Odom, Dickerson, Hobeika, and Johnson all added one hit.
- The Saints had the 12-5 hit advantage.
- The Saints' lone run came in the first inning when Lloyd grounded out to the third-base, which advanced DeDreu and scored Quillen.
- The Warriors would go on to score in the second and fifth innings.
- DeDreu was on the mound against the Warriors, facing 32 batters, allowing two runs and striking out nine batters.
- Lloyd recorded the Saints' only RBI in the game.
- Quillen led the team with two hits and a walk.
- Odom and DeDreu each recorded one hit in the game.
- The Saints take on Illinois Wesleyan and Southern Maine tomorrow at 3:34 p.m. and 6:15 p.m.