(WINTER HAVEN, Fla.) - The Thomas More women's softball team competes in day two of competition in the Spring Games 2019 in Winter Haven, Fla. The Saints went 0-2 on day one of the competition, on Sunday, falling to Texas-Tyler and Kean. Thomas More takes on Eastern Connecticut State University at 1:15 p.m. and Washington University at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow.
- The Saints fell to Texas-Tyler 16-5 in the first game of the day on Sunday.
- Kianah Towe earned the start of the game, facing 25 batters, allowing 13 runs off 10 hits with one strike-out.
- Olivia Jackson replaced Towe for two innings, facing 14 batters, allowing three runs off four hits.
- Whitney Quillen, Elana Harrison, and Andrea Gahan recorded the three RBI's in the game for the Saints.
- Alix DeDreu, Harrison, Gahan, Amanda Lloyd, and Morgan Wells each recorded one hit in the game.
- Thomas More fell 2-0 to Kean in game two on the day.
- The Saints had opportunities to get on the board against the Cougars but fell short each time.
- DeDreu and Lloyd recorded the only two hits in the game for the Saints, each with one.
- DeDreu was on the mound for the Saints, facing 24 batters for two runs off five hits, as well as 12 strikes for six strikeouts.
- The Saints left three batters on base after the two hits and Wells reached on a walk.
EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE
- ECSU comes into the games tomorrow 3-1 on the season.
- The Warriors recently fell to Westminster, 6-0, who was a PAC rival for the Saints.
- The Warriors currently have a .329 batting average as a team.
- ECSU has defeated Montclair, Mt. Saint Vincent, and Gettysburg in the Spring Games.
- The Bears also come into the day tomorrow 3-1 on the season.
- Wash U has defeated #18 Rhodes, Susquehanna, and Nebraska Wesleyan.
- The Bears are currently on a two-game win streak in the Spring Games so far.
- Wash U received its only loss of the season to Kean, falling 6-4.
- Follow along all season with Saints softball on Twitter and Instagram (@TMU_Softball)
- Follow all of Thomas More's teams on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints compete in day three of competition for Thomas More in the Spring Games on Thursday.