(KISSIMMEE, Fla.) - The Thomas More University softball team competed in day one of the competitions at the Spring Games 2019 today, facing the University of Texas-Tyler and Kean University. The Saints fell in the first game of the day, 16-5 to, now 13-1 on the season, Texas-Tyler. In game two, the Saints fell to Kean, 2-0. With the losses, the Saints move to 1-3 on the season.
UNIVERSITY of TEXAS-TYLER
- The Patriots got up early, taking a nine-run lead heading into the bottom of the first inning.
- Andrea Gahan singled to left center field, advancing Alix DeDreu to second and scoring Whitney Quillen to get the Saints' lone run of the inning.
- The Patriots added five more runs to their total before the Saints had a big inning.
- In the bottom of the fourth, Sydney Turner was hit by a pitch, advancing Kianah Towe to second and Morgan Wells to third, scoring Sydney Walsh for the second run of the game.
- Quillen hit a sacrifice fly out to left field, scoring Wells.
- Elana Harrison singled up the middle of the field, scoring Turner and Towe for the third and fourth runs of the inning.
- Towe earned the start of the game, facing 25 batters, allowing 13 runs off 10 hits with one strike-out.
- Olivia Jackson replaced Towe for two innings, facing 14 batters, allowing three runs off four hits.
- Quillen, Harrison, and Gahan recorded the three RBI's in the game for the Saints.
- DeDreu, Harrison, Gahan, Lloyd, and Wells each recorded one hit in the game.
- The Saints had opportunities to get on the board against the Cougars but fell short each time.
- DeDreu and Amanda Lloyd recorded the only two hits in the game for the Saints, each with one.
- DeDreu was on the mound for the Saints, facing 24 batters for two runs off five hits, as well as 12 strikes for six strikeouts.
- The Saints left three batters on base after the two hits and Wells reached on a walk.
- The Saints take on Eastern Connecticut State and Wash U Tuesday, Mar. 12 in the continuation of the Spring Games.