(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's volleyball team picked up its first win of the season in a 3-0 shut-out victory over Cincinnati Christian University on Wednesday. The Saints improved to 1-9 on the season and looks to carry that momentum into this weekend's Purple Raider Rumble.
Court 1: Mount Union vs. Thiel 6 p.m.
Mount Union vs. Trine 8 p.m.
Court 2: Trine vs. Penn St. Altoona 6 p.m.
Thomas More vs. Fontbonne 8 p.m. Live Stats
Court 1: Thiel vs. Fontbonne 9 a.m.
Mount Union vs. Fontbonne 11 a.m.
Fontbonne vs. Penn St. Altoona 1 p.m.
Mount Union vs. Penn St. Altoona 3 p.m.
- The Saints defeated the Eagles by scores of 25-23, 25-13, 25-20.
- Andy Geigle led the Saints with 13 kills on the night, along with one service ace and seven digs, hitting .579 against the Eagles.
- Tanner Miller recorded the team-high with 30 assists, along with two kills, one service ace, five digs, and one block.
- Robby Cox led the team with 10 digs, along with eight kills, three assists, and three service aces.
- Brock Cassin hit the team-high, ending the night hitting .875 off of six kills and zero errors. Cassin also recorded one block against the Eagles.
- Nick Richard put up nine kills, along with two assists and three digs.
- Adam Mathews recorded five digs along with one service ace.
- The Fontbonne Griffins come into this weekend 4-0 this season.
- They recently defeated Maranatha Baptist, 3-1.
- The Griffins are averaging 13.08 kills per set and 10.85 digs per set.
- Josh Farley leads the team with 37 kills this season.
- Kyler van Rossum-O'Connell holds the team high of 140 assists.
PENN ST. ALTOONA
- The Lions come into this weekend 2-3 overall this season, coming off of two 3-0 wins over Keuka and Wilkes.
- PSU-Altoona is averaging 10.65 kills per set and 8.65 digs per set.
- Brian Sheddy leads the team with 53 kills this season.
- Danny Dry holds the team high of 78 assists.
- The Trine Thunder come into this weekend 2-7 overall on the season.
- Trine defeated the Saints in five sets at the Trine Tournament earlier this season.
- The Thunder picked up their second win of the season against Mount Union during that same weekend. =
- The Thiel Tomcats come into this weekend 0-6 on the season.
- Thiel is averaging 10.4 kills per set and 7.9 digs per set.
- Mitchell Patterson leads the team with 55 kills this season.
- Stephen Borgen holds the team high with 198 assists.
- Follow along all season long on Twitter (@Saints_MVB) and Instagram (thomasmore_vb).
- Follow along with all the Saints' sports on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- The Saints host their first home game of the season agaisnt Mount St. Joseph on Feb. 14 at 7 p.m.