(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's volleyball team continues its season this weekend, heading to Angola, Ind. to compete in the Trine Tournament. The Saints go into the tournament 0-3 after falling to Geneva, 3-0, Adrian, 3-0, and Hiram, 3-1.
Friday, Jan. 25
Mount Union vs. North Park (Court 1) – 6 p.m.
Thomas More vs. Concordia-Chicago (Court 2) – 6 p.m. Live Stats
Trine vs. Thomas More (Court 1) – 8 p.m.
Mount Union vs. Concordia-Chicago (Court 2) – 8 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 26
Trine vs. Concordia-Chicago (Court 1) – 9 a.m.
North Park vs. Thomas More (Court 2) – 9 a.m.
Mount Union vs. Thomas More (Court 1) – 11 a.m. Live Stats
North Park vs. Concordia-Chicago (Court 2) – 11 a.m.
Trine vs. Mount Union (Court 1) – 1 p.m.
Trine vs. North Park (Court 1) – 3 p.m.
- The Saints picked up their first set win of the season, taking Hiram to four sets.
- The Saints fell 3-0 to Adrian as Nick Richard led the way with nine kills, along with one assist and three digs.
- Jakob Jones recorded three kills, two digs, and one block.
- Robby Cox put up the teams' second highest eight kills, along with two assists, four digs, and one block.
- Tanner Miller recorded two kills, a team-high 23 assists, one dig, and one block.
- Ryan Hans recorded the team-high seven digs.
- The Saints fell 3-0 to Geneva as Richard led the team in kills, recording seven, along with one assist, two digs, and one block.
- Hans led the team in digs with eight, along with one assist.
- Miller led the game with 19 assists, along with a .667 hitting percentage with two kills, and three digs.
- Andy Geigle and Cox each recorded five kills for the team's second most.
- The Saints took Hiram to four sets as Richard led the game in kills, recording 13, along with one service ace, six digs, and one block.
- Cox recorded nine kills, two service aces, four digs, and two blocks, one solo and one assisted.
- Brock Cassin put up three kills, along with four blocks, one solo and three assisted.
- Miller recorded the game-high of 26 assists, along with one kill and two blocks.
- Geigle tied Richard for the team-high with six digs, along with two kills, one service ace, and one block.
- Concordia Chicago is in its first year with men's volleyball.
- Thomas More will be the first opponent the Cougars will face this season.
- The Thunder welcomed back its men's volleyball program this season for the first time since 2002.
- Trine comes into this weekend 0-1 on the season after dropping to Loras, 3-0, on Wednesday.
- North Park is also in its first year of men's volleyball.
- The Pioneers are 0-2 coming into this weekend.
- North Park fell, 3-0, to Concordia University (Wis.) and 3-1 to Greenville University.
- Mount Union is also in its inaugural season.
- The Raiders are 0-2 coming into this weekend, dropping 3-0 to Wittenberg and 3-0 to Penn St. Behrend.
- Follow along all season long on Twitter (@Saints_MVB) and Instagram (thomasmore_vb).
- Follow along with all the Saints' sports on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- The Saints travel across the river to Mount St. Joseph to compete in the MSJ Tri-Match against Wittenberg and the Lions on Feb. 2.