Jan 25, 2019
(TERRE HAUTE, Ind.) - The Thomas More men's and women's track & field teams opened its seasons today at the Rose-Hulman Engineer Invitational. The women finished in seventh place while the men finished sixth.
- First-year Tyler Smith finished fifth in the women's 60-meter dash with a final time of 8.47.
- Junior Samantha Clark placed fourth in the women's high jump with a distance of 1.43-meters.
- Smith also finished eighth with a final distance of 4.47-meters in the women's long jump.
- Rachel Whitehill finished eighth in the high jump with a distance of 1.38-meters.
- Natalie Kleier finished ninth in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:48.61.
- Milan McNulty finished ninth in the 200-yard dash with a time of 29.39.
- Montez Taylor finished eighth in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.27 and in the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.87.
- TJ Moore finished the 200-meter dash with a final time of 23.87.
- Ross Klocke finished the 1-mile run in eighth place, with a time of 4:37.66.
- Michael Campbell was right behind Klocke in the 1-mile run with a time of 4:39.44.
- Klocke also placed fourth in the 3000-meter run with a final time of 9:21.84.
- Oscar Ramirez finished the 3000-meter run with a final time of 9:34.13 in seventh place.
- Zack Osburg finished ninth in the high jump with a time distance of 1.75-meters and sixth in the triple jump with a distance of 11.54-meters.
- Todd Lewis finished sixth in the shot-put with a distance of 13.24-meters.
- Jacob Steinmetz finished fifth in the weight throw with a distance of 14.38-meters.
- The Saints compete next in the Bob Shannon Invitational in Granville, Ohio on Feb. 2.