(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's and women's tennis teams hosted Shawnee State today at Notre Dame Academy. The men's team took home a 9-0 victory for their final match of the fall, improving to 4-1 overall. The women's team came out victorious 8-1, improving to 6-1 with one more match this fall. With the win on the men's side, Head Coach Chris Eilerman received his 40th win and now has an overall career record of 91-61 with the Saints.
- Duo Derrick Kwok and Jared Haught defeated their singles opponent 8-1.
- Doubles partners Sheldon Preisler and Jeffrey Schenk took down their opponent 8-2.
- Brandon Kwok and Ethan Caruso swept their opponents, shutting them out 8-0.
- D. Kwok came out victorious in a hard fought match against Shawnee St.'s Austin Hanshaw, 6-1, 6-4.
- Caruso defeated his singles opponent, only losing three games in his singles matches, winning 6-1, 6-2.
- Schenk had to take his opponent to an extra game, coming out on top, 6-2, 7-5.
- Preisler and Jaret Fidler both defeated their opponents in straight sets 6-0, 6-0.
- Alex Traylor only dropped three games, winning 6-2, 6-1 in his singles match.
- Duo Brooke Warden and Hannah Lowman lost only one game in their doubles match, winning 8-1.
- Nicole Capodagli and Sarah Fellinger defeated their doubles opponents 8-3.
- Alyssa Dowdell and Lacey Pohlman won in a tough doubles match 8-5.
- Warden only fell in one game in her singles match winning 6-1, 6-0.
- Lowman came out victorious 6-2, 6-1 over her singles opponent.
- Fellinger topped her singles opponent 6-0, 6-2.
- Matison Perry came out on top against her singles opponent, 6-0, 6-2.
- Jana Riffe got the final victory of the day for the Saints, winning 6-1, 6-0.
- Kayla Snyder took the only loss of the day, falling 6-0, 6-1 in her singles match.
- The men's team is finished competing for the fall and is idle until Feb. 9 when they host Pikeville.
- The women's team competes in its final match of the fall season on Oct. 13 against Johnson University Tennessee at 1 p.m.