Oct 18, 2018
(PITTSBURGH, Pa.) – The Thomas More University men's soccer team fell, 2-0, to 24th-ranked Carnegie Mellon University tonight (Thursday, October 18, 2018) at the Carnegie Mellon Soccer Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- The Tartans took a 1-0 lead in the 58th minute when Elliot Cohen scored unassisted.
- Carnegie Mellon increased the lead to 2-0 when Jamie Wheaton found the back of the net from 30 yards out in the 85th minute.
- Thomas More falls to 4-9-2
- The Tartans improve to 9-3-2.
- Senior goalkeeper Jeff Paulin (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) played all 90 minutes in goal and recorded five saves.
- Sophomore midfielder Brendan Jones (Cincinnati, Ohio/Summit Country Day) took two shots in the match, both on-goal.
- First-year midfielder Patrick Dames (Anderson, Ohio/Anderson) took two shots, including one on-goal.
- Thomas More returns to action on Monday (October 22) when it travels to Danville, Kentucky to play in-state rival Centre College at 7 p.m.