Oct 18, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More University men's soccer team is set to take on Carnegie Mellon University tonight at 7 p.m. in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- The 4-8-2 TMU men's soccer team takes on the 8-3-2 CMU Tartan's tonight at 7 p.m.
- The Saints come into today's match 4-8-2 overall, looking to break a four-game losing streak.
- Most recently, the Saints fell to North Park, 3-0,on Saturday.
- Senior goalkeeper Jeff Paulin played all 90 minutes in goal and had five saves.
- First-year forward Mark McAulay took one shot, which was on-goal.
- The Saints have recorded 195 shots on the season so far, 79 of which have been on goal resulting in 14 goals.
- Ethan Smith leads the team with 52 shots this season, 21 of which have been on goal.
- Smith also leads the team with wight goals scored.
- Goalkeeper Paulin has recorded 59 saves so far this season.
- CMU comes into the match today 8-3-2 overall, coming off a double-overtime 2-1 loss against No. 23-ranked Washington (Mo.).
- The last two games for the Tartan's have been against top-25 teams, including the No.1 team Chicago.
- CMU has recorded 208 shots so far this season, 99 have been on goal, resulting in 13 goals.
- Jordi Long leads the team with 24 shots so far, 11 of which are on goal.
- Goalkeeper Alec Lam has recorded 27 saves so far on the season.
- Follow along with the men's soccer team on Twitter (@TMU_M_SOCCER) and Instagram (@tmu_menssoccer).
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints), and Facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints continue their five-game road stand, traveling to Centre on Oct. 22.