Sep 26, 2018
(GRANVILLE, Ohio) - Thomas More men's soccer dropped a match today at Denison, coming up short in a 2-1 loss against the now 2-5-1 Big Red. With the loss, the Saints move to 4-5-2.
- Suli Kayed put the Saints on the board first, scoring in the 47th minute of the game unassisted, creating a turnover in the goalkeeper's box and finding the back of the net, to take a 1-0 lead.
- Stu Windell of Denison scored in the 50th minute of the game, finding the back of the net in the upper left post from a cross assist from Brandon Kozak to tie the game up 1-1.
- Matt Rush had the go-ahead goal for the Big Red, scoring in the 91st minute in overtime, off of an assist from Kozak, all the way out by the 20-yard line.
- The teams were even on shots in the game, each having 15. Thomas More led the first half, 8-5, while Denison led the second, 9-7.
- Senior goalkeeper Jeff Paulin led the team with six saves, plus a team save, to Denison's four.
- Ethan Smith led the team with six shots, two of which were on goal.
- Kayed recorded three shots, two on goal, and one for the successful score, in the match.
- Bryce Day and Austin Fulton tied for third-most shots on the team with two shots each, one of which was on goal for Day.
- The Saints head back home to host old PAC rival Grove City for Thomas More's Senior Day.
- The game will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29.