Posted: Sep 14, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's soccer team looks to extend its win streak, hosting No. 8 Kenyon College on Saturday.
- The 4-1-1 Men's Soccer team hosts the 4-0-1 No. 8 Kenyon Lords.
- The match is scheduled to kick-off at 4:00pm, right after the Thomas More first home football game.
- The Saints are on a three-game win streak, most recently taking down No. 11-ranked Otterbein, 1-0, and Anderson, 3-1, on Wednesday.
- In the Otterbein matchup, Goalkeeper Jeff Paulin was in the net for all 90-minutes tonight, recording two saves off two shots on goal, and no goals allowed.
- Ethan Smith recorded the game-high of six shots on the night.
- Turner had the game-high in shots on goal with two, including three shots in the game.
- In the Anderson matchup, The Saints out-shot Anderson 22-12 including 13-4 on-goal.
- Senior goalkeeper Jeff Paulin (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) earned the win as he played 71:20 in goal and recorded three saves.
- First-year goalkeeper Zach Combs (Covington, Ky./Holy Cross) played the final 18:40 in goal and only faced two shots.
- Smith led the team in shots with seven, including five on-goal.
- The Kenyon Lords are currently on a three-game win streak, shutting out their last three opponents and scoring more than four in each game.
- The Lords recently defeated Marietta 5-0, and Wilmington 5-0, who the Saints defeated 3-1 in the season opener.
- The team recorded 10 assists, 93 shots, and 46 shots on goal.
- David Anderson and Philippe Stengel both lead the team with three goals each.
- The team was ranked No.22 in the NCAA Pre-Season poll.
- Live stats for the match can be found here.
- Live video broadcast can be found here.
- Follow along with the men's soccer team on Twitter (@TMC_SOCCER) and Instagram (@tmc_m_soccer).
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmcsaints), and Facebook (Thomas More College Saints).
- The Saints hit the road to Ohio Northern on Sept. 28 for a Tuesday night game.
- The match is scheduled to start at 7:00pm.