(SANDUSKY, Ohio) – The Thomas More men's golf team shot a first round 306 today (Saturday, September 8, 2018) and is in fourth place at the Cameo Pizza Battle at the Brook host by Ohio Wesleyan University at the Plum Brook County Club in Sandusky, Ohio.
The Saints also had a "B" team compete in the event and that team is in eighth place after carding a 332.
- Senior Matt Striegel (Cold Spring, Ky./Newport Central Catholic) is tied for 11th with a 75.
- First-year Landon Finn (Florence, Ky./Boone County) is tied for 15th after carding a 76.
- Junior Zack Baynum (California, Ky./Campbell County), junior Kyle Alexander (Taylorsville, Ky./Spencer County) and first-year Tyler Chandler (Hebron, Ky./Covington Catholic) are tied for 20th as they all fired a 77.
- Junior Jacob Zai (Cold Spring, Ky./Bishop Brossart) leads the "B" team as he is tied for 28th with an 80.
- Sophomore Robby Case IV (Crestview Hills, Ky./Covington Latin) is in 33rd place with an 81.
- Sophomore Nick Drake (Bowling Green, Ky./South Warren) is tied for 38th with an 85.
- First-year Sebastian Sims (Maineville, Ohio/Little Miami) is tied for 42nd as he shot an 86.
- First-year Tyler Sansom (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) is in 48th place with a 91.
- Junior Blake Baioni (Cold Spring, Ky./Newport Central Catholic) competed as an individual and is in 49th place with a 101.
- The Saints will close out the Cameo Battle at the Brook tomorrow (September 9) when the second round begins at 12:30 p.m. with a shotgun start.