Posted: Nov 05, 2019
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More University men's basketball team cruised past Miami University-Hamilton on Tuesday night (November 5, 2019) for a 93-67 win, with five Saints players scoring in double-figures.
- The Saints started slowly, missing their first six field goal attempts until Keegan Saben (Centerville, Ohio/Centerville) made a layup with 15:53 left in the first half, making the score 3-2 in favor of the Harriers.
- Junior guard Luke Rudy (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) hit three-pointers on back-to-back possessions to put the Saints up 15-8 with 11:48 left in the half.
- Thomas More scored 11 unanswered points to build a 32-17 lead with 6:59 remaining, capped off by steals and fast-break dunks by Tyrice Walker (Hamilton, Ohio/Summit Country Day) on consecutive plays.
- Saben closed the half with a jumper with 34 seconds left to give the Saints a 45-30 lead at the break.
- Saben led Thomas More's offense early in the second half with nine points in the first eight minutes as the Saints expanded their lead to 66-39 with 12:12 to go.
- Rudy continued his hot shooting in the second half with a three-pointer with 7:01 left in the game to put the Saints up 79-52.
- Reid Jolly (Alexandria, Ky./Campbell County) reached double-figures when he converted a three-point play with 1:20 left in the game to give Thomas More a 91-65 lead.
- Thomas More improved to 3-0 with the win, while the Harriers fell to 0-3.
- The Saints shot ..486 from the field and made 11 of their 35 three-point attempts.
- Thomas More outrebounded Miami-Hamilton 47-27.
- Saben led the Saints with 24 points and shot 9-14 from the field with three assists.
- Rudy scored 15 points while shooting 5-9 from three-point range and pulled down a team-high eight rebounds with three assists.
- Sophomore Ryan Batte (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) scored 13 points and had five rebounds.
- Walker finished with 12 points and four rebounds.
- Jolly scored 11 points and added six rebounds for the Saints.
- Noah Pack (Georgetown, Ohio/Georgetown) finished the game with eight points and four rebounds.
- Thomas More will take on Taylor University in Upland, Ind. on Friday, November 8 at 7 p.m.