Feb 02, 2019
(WAYNESBURG, Pa.) - The Thomas More men's basketball team extended its winning streak to nine today as it defeated old PAC foe, Waynesburg, 80-63. The Saints improved to 15-7 overall on the season with the win.
- Ryne Callahan led the team in the first half, putting up 12 points, going 4-8 from the field and 3-7 from beyond the arc.
- Ryan Batte led the team in the first half with seven rebounds, three offensive and four defensive.
- The Saints shot .333 from the field, compared to Waynesburg's .480, and went into halftime with a 35-30 lead.
- Garren Bertsch came out of halftime and lit a spark for the Saints, going 6-8 from the field and 2-2 from beyond the arc, and tied for the second half team high of four rebounds.
- The Saints improved their shooting from the field from the first half to shooting .548 in the second half, compared to Waynesburg's .462.
- The Saints took their largest lead of the game of 18 points with a little over one minute left in the game.
- Three Saints posted double-digits against the Yellow Jackets, with Bertsch leading the way with the game-high and his season-high, 20 points, along with five rebounds and one steal.
- Callahan ended the game with 17 points, along with two rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
- Kedan Davis ended the night with 15 points, going 6-8 from the field and 3-3 from the foul line.
- Davis also grabbed six rebounds and dished out one assist to go with a steal.
- Damion King posted the game-high six assists, ending the night with seven points, five rebounds, and one steal.
- Brandon Horne ended the game with nine points, grabbing six rebounds, two steals, one block, and two assists.
- Batte grabbed the game-high and his season-high, nine rebounds, along with two assists, two steals, one block, and eight points.
- The Saints ended the game shooting .438 from the field, compared to Waynesburg's .471.
- Thomas More led the Yellow Jackets in points in the paint, 34-18, points off turnovers, 19-5, second-chance points, 18-6, fast break points, 4-0, and bench points, 19-18.
- The Saints stay on the road to take on Shawnee St. the second time this season on Feb. 4 for a 7 p.m. tip.