Posted: Dec 20, 2018
(LEXINGTON, Ky.) – Damion King (Winchester, Ky. / George Rogers Clark) set a new career-high record tonight in the in-state battle against Transylvania in the Don Lane Classic. The Saints dropped 86-75 and moved to 6-7 overall on the season.
- Transylvania took a small lead to open the game, but a 15-2 run by the Saints sparked by two three-pointers from Max Knisley (Washington Courthouse, Ohio / Washington) put the Saints up by as much as 13 with seven minutes to go in the first half.
- Knisley went 3-3 from beyond the arc and from the field, for a total of nine points in the first half.
- Sophomore transfer from Ashland University, Ryan Batte (Cincinnati, Ohio / Oak Hills) made his first appearance tonight for the Saints, putting up three points along with two rebounds in the first half.
- King led the Saints in the first half, putting up 16 points and one rebound, going a perfect 5-5 from the field, 1-1 from beyond the arc, and 5-5 from the foul line.
- Senior Brandon Horne (Louisville, Ky. / Male) led the first-half for the Saints grabbing three rebounds as well as adding four points.
- The Saints led by as much as 13 in the first half, but Transylvania fought back with under five minutes to go to cut the lead to one going into halftime.
- The Pioneers came out of the half and quickly went up by eight.
- The Saints cut the lead to two, but the Pioneers answered and pushed their lead back up to 12.
- The Saints went basket-for-basket with the Pioneers but fell short, 86-75.
- King kept his momentum from the first half, putting up another 19, along with one rebound.
- Horne grabbed two more rebounds in the second half.
- King posted a new career high of 35 points, which puts him sixth best in Thomas More history for most points in a single game.
- King went 12-17 from the field, 3-6 from beyond the arc, and 8-9 from the foul line, along with grabbing two rebounds and dishing out two assists.
- Ralph Stone (Shelbyville, Ky. / Martha Layne Collins) finished the game with eight points, along with five rebounds and four assists.
- Horne posted a total of six points, five rebounds, and two assists.
- The Saints shot .481 from the field and .810 from the foul line
- The Saints return home hosting across-the-river rival, Mount St. Joseph, in the Bridge Shootout.
- Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. in the Connor Convocation Center.