Posted: Dec 05, 2018
(LOUISVILLE, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's basketball team defeated Spalding University 60-41 tonight to move to 5-4 on the season and go on a two-game winning streak. The Eagles of Spalding dropped to 2-4 overall with the loss.
- The Saints held the Eagles to just 17-points going into half-time.
- Senior Ryne Callahan (Morehead, Ky. / Rowan County) put 11-points in the first half alone.
- The Saints went on a 14-4 run, leading by as much as 15 with five minutes to go in the half.
- Callahan led the second half for the Saints putting up nine points, going 3-5 from both the field and beyond the arc.
- Brandon Horne (Louisville, Ky. / Male) and Damion King (Winchester Ky. / Goerge Rogers Clark) tied for the second-half high with five rebounds each.
- The Saints posted a 25-point lead with 13-minutes left in the game.
- Callahan posted the game high of 20 points, along with one steal, three rebounds, and going 6-8 from beyond the arc.
- King led the team with eight rebounds and seven assists, along with one steal.
- Noah Pedelty (Mason, Ohio / Mason) scored the second most on the team with nine points, along with five rebounds and one steal.
- Horne ended the game with five points, seven rebounds, six assists, one steal, and the game-high three blocks.
- The Saints ended the game shooting .396 from the field, compared to Spalding's .250.
- Thomas More also led the Eagles in three-point shooting, ending the game shooting .321 compared to Spalding's .100 from beyond the arc.
- Thomas More also led the Eagles 45-35 in rebounds and 17-6 in assists.
- The Saints return home this Saturday, Dec. 8, hosting Emory & Henry for a 2 p.m. tip.
- Fans can get in free with a canned food donation.