Nov 17, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's basketball team went 2-0 this weekend in the Connor Classic, taking down Akron-Wayne in game two for the Saints. Thomas More won by a score of 85-53 to improve to 2-1 on the season.
- Senior Ryne Callahan (Morehead, Ky. / Rowan County), who was named the Jimmy Johns Player of the Game, led the team with 14 points in the game, going 4-7 from three-point range and 5-9 from the field.
- Callahan also recorded two steals, three rebounds, and one assist.
- First-year Noah Pedelty (Mason, Ohio / Mason) tied with senior Damion King (Winchester, Ky. / George Rogers Clark) for the team's second highest with 12 points each.
- King also put up the game high six assists, along with seven rebounds.
- Pedelty also recorded two rebounds and one steal.
- Senior Brandon Horne (Louisville, Ky. / Male) recorded two points, one rebound, two blocks, and one steal.
- Horne was also given the Connor Classic team award at the end of today's game.
- Senior Ralph Stone (Shelbyville, Ky. / Martha Layne Collins) recorded six points, along with three rebounds, one block, and one steal.
- King also recorded three rebounds, three assists, two steals, and went 2-2 from the foul line.
- First-year Tyrice Walker (Hamilton, Ohio / Summit Country Day) was the fourth Saint to put up double figures, recording 10 points, along with six rebounds and one steal.
- The Saints out-shot the Warriors .462 to .349.
- 19 different Saints saw significant playing time tonight.
- The Saints hit the road as they travel to Baldwin Wallace on Nov. 20 for a 7 p.m. tip.