Welcome to Thomas More University Cheerleading! We thank you for taking the time to visit our site! Thomas More University's cheerleading squad is made of some of the University's most visible students. Each student brings a different dynamic and energy level, creating a top notch squad that is dedicated, committed, and strives for success. Thomas More University cheerleaders are proud representatives of the school and are devoted to athletic and academic excellence.
WHAT WE DO:
- Cheer for the TMU Saints at football and basketball games and other events.
- Participate in various social events and venues.
- Compete in several judged formal competitions against other squads.
Thomas More University Cheerleading strives to put together a squad which is both professional and disciplined while also being fun and exciting for its members. They are open to accepting recruits at all levels of cheerleading experience for their game team, and welcome anyone who wants to help cheer for the Saints. Spots on their competition team, however, are very competitive and acceptance depends upon try-out scores.
THINGS TO EXPECT:
- Formal interviews for prospective team members.
- Judged tryouts for game team (All levels of experince welcome).
- Judged tryouts for competition team (Highly competitive).
- Regular practices several times per week.
- Informal practices during the summer and off-season.
- Goals of academic and athletic excellence.
If you are interested in joining the Thomas More University Cheerleading squad, in obtaining futher information about the program, or about tryout procedures or dates, please contact Head Coach Lacey Parks or Taylor Kessen via e-mail (listed below). We would love to hear from you!
Below is the recruitment form, 2018-19 squad roster, and a slide show of the squad at different events.