(SALEM, Va.) - The No.1-ranked Thomas More women's basketball team will take on No. 3-ranked Bowdoin in the NCAA National Championship Game tomorrow, March 16, at 7:30 p.m. The Saints remained undefeated and are now 32-0 and the only undefeated team in Division III.
- The Saints head into the National Championship Game coming off a 69-56 win over No. 9-ranked Scranton in the National Semi-Finals.
- The Saints out-scored Scranton 24-16 in the paint, 19-15 off turnovers, 10-4 on second-chance points and 13-7 on fast breaks.
- Madison Temple finished the game with 20 points, nine rebounds, six assists, and two steals.
- Emily Schultz added 17 points and four rebounds.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp tallied 11 points, pulled down seven rebounds and blocked two shots while recording three steals.
- Kaela Saner scored 10 points and pulled down four rebounds.
- This will be the first time in program history the two teams have met.
- The Polar Bears come into the National Championship Game 31-1 on the season, recently defeating St. Thomas (Minn.), 71-60.
- Bowdoin is averaging 84.4 points per game, shooting .479 from the field, and averaging 43.4 rebounds per game and 16.7 assists per game.
- Abby Kelly leads the team with 15.0 points per game.
- Samantha Roy holds the team high with 4.3 assists per game, along with 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Maddie Hasson leads the team with 6.2 rebounds per game.
- Live stats for tonight's game can be found here.
- Live video broadcast for tonight's game can be found here.
- Live audio for the game can be found here.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@TMWBasketball), Instagram (@tmwbasketball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- Today's game marks the finale of the season. The Saints head into the off-season to prepare for 2019-20.