(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The No.2-ranked and 13-0 Thomas More women's basketball team headed down south to Miami, Fla. this week. The Saints take on Wesleyan University (Conn.) tomorrow at 1 p.m. and Cal Lutheran Thursday at 1 p.m. in The Exclusive Tournament hosted at St. Thomas University.
- The Saints are coming off two top-25 wins, including defeating then No.19-ranked Baldwin Wallace 80-56 and then No.2-ranked Hope 81-61.
- In the BW game, the Saints out-scored the Yellow Jackets 34-12 in the paint, 13-5 off turnovers and 14-8 on second chance points.
- Madison Temple led the team with 26 points, eight rebounds, four assists and two steals.
- Kaela Saner finished the game with 17 points.
- Asyah Mitchell added 11 points for the Saints.
- Junior forward Emily Schultz had nine points, five rebounds and two blocked shots.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp pulled down six rebounds.
- In the Hope game, Thomas More out-scored Hope 38-24 in the paint and 16-13 on second chance points.
- Schultz led the team in scoring with 21 points, while she pulled down eight rebounds and had two blocked shots.
- Temple recorded a double-double with 15 points and 13 rebounds, while dishing out eight assists.
- Rupp also had a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
- Saner finished the game with 15 points.
- At the conclusion of the Post-Exam Jam tournament, Temple was named the Most Valuable Player and Saner was named to the All-Tournament Team.
- Temple was named the USBWA National Player of the Week for the second week in a row this week.
- The Cardinals come into the tournament 4-2 overall, coming off a 67-49 loss against Williams.
- Wesleyan is averaging 69.7 points per game.
- Tara Berger leads the team averaging 12.8 points per game.
- Olivia Gorman is a close second in leading points per game with an average of 12.7.
- Berger also leads the team with 11.5 points per game.
- The Regals come into the tournament 5-4 overall, coming off a 70-51 loss against Babson.
- Cal Lutheran is averaging 61.4 points per game.
- Natalie Ruhl leads the team with 8.9 points per game.
- Jessi Westering leads the team averaging 4.8 rebounds per game.
- Jade Jordan is a close second in leading rebounds, averaging 4.7 rebounds per game.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@TMWBasketball), Instagram (@tmwbasketball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- Thomas More concludes its 11-game road stand as they head to Greencastle, Ind. to take on Franklin on Dec. 28 at 4 p.m. in the Amy Hasbrook Memorial Classic.