Jan 18, 2019
(HIRAM, Ohio) - The Thomas More men's volleyball team dropped its season-opening match to PAC member Geneva. The Golden Tornadoes won by scores of 25-19, 25-13, 25-20, moving the Saints to 0-1 on the season.
- This match marked the first game in men's volleyball for Thomas More since the mid-'90s.
- Nick Richard led the team in kills, recording seven, along with one assist, two digs, and one block.
- Ryan Hans led the team in digs with eight, along with one assist.
- Tanner Miller led the game with 19 assists, along with a .667 hitting percentage with two kills, and three digs.
- Andy Geigle and Robby Cox each recorded five kills for the team's second most.
- Geigle also recorded one dig and one block while Cox put up one assist, two digs, and one block.
- Jakob Jones recorded one assist, one service ace, two digs, and two blocks.
- Brock Cassin recorded four kills and one block.
- The Saints led for almost half of the third set, taking a quick 6-4 lead. The Golden Tornadoes tied it up at 10-10. The Saints tried to battle back but ultimately came up short.
- The Saints compete again tomorrow, taking on day two of the Hiram Tournament.
- Thomas More will compete against Adrain at 9 a.m. and Hiram at 11 a.m.