Apr 20, 2019
(CINCINNATI, Ohio) – The Thomas More University men's track & field team won the Mount St. Joseph University Invitational today (Saturday, April 20, 2019) at the Schueler Field Sports Complex in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The Saints went 1-2-3 in the 1,500-meter run as junior Oscar Ramirez (Florence, Ky./Ryle) was first with a time of 4:17.56, senior Ronny Smith (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) was second with a time of 4:19.90 and senior Michael Campbell (Cincinnati, Ohio/LaSalle) was third with a time of 4:20.16.
- In the 200-meter dash, sophomore Montez Taylor (Covington, Ky./Holmes) was first with a time of 23.12-seconds, junior TJ Moore (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) was second with a time of 23.19-seconds), junior Corey Young (Cincinnati, Ohio/Finneytown) was fourth with a time of 24.02-seconds first-year Makai Lewis (Dayton, Ohio/Belmont) was fifth with a time of 24:06-seconds.
- Sophomore Shawndale Mincy (Covington, Ky./Holmes) finished second in the 400-meter dash with a time of 52.37-seconds, while Young finished fifth with a time of 53.14-seconds.
- In the 800-meter run, senior Ross Klocke (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) was first at 2:04.76 and Ramirez was fourth with a time of 2:11.62.
- Makai Lewis was second in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.35-seconds and Taylor was third with a time of 11.38-seconds.
- Senior Michael Campbell (Cincinnati, Ohio/LaSalle) won the 5,000-meter run with a time of 16:18.49 and sophomore Luke Glenn (New Richmond, Ohio/New Richmond) was second with a time of 17:52.91.
- In the 400-meter hurdles, junior Zack Osburg (Woodlawn, Ky./Newport Central Catholic) was third with a time of 1:04.25 and junior Andy James (Cincinnati, Ohio/Elder) was fourth with a time of 1:07.12.
- James finished third in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 18.84-seconds.
- The 4x100-meter relay team of senior Chris Loos (Highland Heights, Ky./Bishop Brossart), Taylor, Moore and Mikai Lewis finished first with a time of 43.55-seconds.
- 4x400-meter relay team of Loos, Osburg, Mincy and Young were second with a time of 3:35.07.
- Junior Ryan Everidge (Dayton, Ohio/Bellbrook) won two field events as he was first in the pole vault with a mark of 3.45-meters and in the javelin with a throw of 41.10-meters.
- Junior Jacob Steinmetz (St. Leon, Ind./East Central) won the hammer throw with a toss of 41.07-meters and the discus with a mark of 41.95-meters , while he was second in the shot put with a throw of 12.89-meters.
- Senior Todd Lewis (Cincinnati, Ohio/Sycamore) won the shot put with a throw of 13.36-meters and was second in the discus with a mark of 39.70-meters.
- Junior Kamrin Boone (Alapaha, Ga./North Hardin) was second in the triple jump with a mark of 12.20-meters and third in the long jump with a jump of 5.71-meters.
- Thomas More returns to action next Saturday (April 26) when it travels to Granville, Ohio to compete at the Denison University Big Red Invitational.