Nov 09, 2018
(EMORY, Va.) - The Thomas More men's basketball team opened its season against Emory and Henry, falling in a hard-fought game, 72-65. This moves the Saints to 0-1 on the season.
- Senior Damion King recorded the team high, 21 points, along with the team-high eight rebounds, four assists, one steal, and went 6-6 from the foul line.
- Ralph Stone, Brandon Horne, and Max Knisley shared a three-way tie with nine points each.
- Stone also put up six rebounds, one steal, and one block.
- Horne also recorded six rebounds, one assist, and two steals.
- Knisley recorded four rebounds to go with his nine points.
- The Saints shot .365 from the field, .294 from beyond the arc, and .810 from the foul line.
- The team recorded 33 rebounds, 10 assists, 12 points off turnovers, 22 bench points, and 14 points in the paint.
- Thomas More led the game by as much as 14 in the game.
- The Saints host their first home games of the season next on Nov. 16/17 for the Jim Connor Classic.